Seared Tofu Bánh Mì Baguette
- 1kg Satay Paste
- 500ml hot water
- 2.5kg tofu, sliced into 25 portions
- 25 baguettes, individual
- 500g carrots, julienned
- 500g cucumber, julienned
- 25g white sugar
- 50g white rice vinegar
- Mayonnaise, to serve
- 1/2 bunch coriander, chopped for garnish
- 200g roasted peanuts to garnish, crushed (optional)
- Sear tofu slices in a frying or griddle pan.
- To make Satay sauce, add hot water to Satay Paste and mix well. Set aside.
- Place julienned carrots and cucumber in a bowl; add in sugar and vinegar; mix well and set aside.
- To serve, slice each baguette lengthways. Spread mayonnaise on one side and fill with pickled salad and seared tofu.
- Top with Satay sauce, garnish with coriander and peanuts; serve.
All products marked in bold are available to purchase through Vegetarian Express.